Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Monster Within...












Full House producer Jeff Frankilin ownes the new home on Cielo Dr. As you can see the address has been changed from 10050 to 10066 to confuse tourists. (to no avail..) I can't say its not a fabulous home, because CLEARLY it is. However, the home does not fit to its surroundings. I can honestly say I liked the other house more. I say this not just because Sharon lived there, but because I was a HUGE fan of the beautiful landscaping and lush greenery of that property. Everything on it was charming, from the kidney shaped pool to the split-rail fence. There is way too much concrete on and around the new home to suit me. It doesn't seem very welcoming, if anything it seems almost menacing. I have to admit I am crushed that I will never be able to see the original house. Breaks my heart. But in some unslefish way I guess I could see why they had to get rid of it. (although I never would have) I'm sure it attracted all sorts of Manson loving weirdos. Hope you all enjoy the photos!!

6 comments:

  1. definitely pretty but i liked the other one better... but then again it held a lot of bad memories for some people

    thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Jessie
    http://87life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the inside it looks great, but I agree about there being too much concrete. What I loved so much about the original house was that it wasn't ostenatious in any way. It was homey and beautiful. I can't say the same for the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with both of you! Thanks for checking it out! Jessie, I really enjoy your blog also :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree -- the old house was so much nicer. It was gorgeous. I loved the cottage look to it; it seemed so cozy.

    The new one, I can't even say I like it, even a little. It's a monstrosity. Bigger isn't always better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Michele! Thanks for checking out my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Candice!!!
    It's so funny you mention liking the original (love house) home than the huge property there now. I feel exactly the same way. I loved the charming, rustic yet classy home Sharon & Roman lived in. There was such character and warmth to that home. The McMansion there now seems overt and a bit gaudy.
    Great blog.... Sharon was amazing and her fabulous style continues to inspire to this day.....
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete