Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Inspired by Sharon







Here is an excerpt I found online from People mag Oct. 2000 issue. The internet is flooded with articles like these, but I especially loved this one. It reminds me of how recently everyone's style from Drew Barrymore, Madonna, and Sarah Jessica Parker have all been compared to Sharon. (especially her Valley of the Dolls "bump it" look) Even fashion ad campaigns are using that 60's look that reminds me of Sharon! (maybe I just can't help but be reminded of her) I plan to do a bunch of Sharon's makeup, hair, and fashion "looks" in my upcoming posts. Especially her eye makeup. I am working very hard on this right now. (make up is one of my many passions) I hope I can get it right for you all! Anyway, enjoy the reads till then! XOXO

PS-I read all your comments and I love getting input back on my site! Please write me! haha


People Weekly; 10/30/2000 Living Dolls With all the sky-high hair in Hollywood lately, stars like Jennifer Lopez, Sharon Stone and Sarah Jessica Parker seem to be channeling Sharon Tate in 1967's Valley of the Dolls, sweeping their locks back with clips or headbands and giving them the big tease. "Straight hair is always chic, but we're out of that really flat-pressed, bone-straight hair," explains New York stylist Steven Ward, who gave Toni Collette and Jessica Simpson the do for recent outings. "The hair is still straight, but there is movement to it." Raves The Sopranos' Jamie Lynn Sigler, 19: "It was a style that was completely new to me. I loved it." To reach the necessary heights, extensions are often a must. "It takes a lot of hair, and very few people have that much," says Ward. And that sassy flip on the ends? "Use a curling iron or a Velcro roller and roll it upside down," advises veteran hairstylist Jose Eber. As for clothing, makeup and accessories, think vintage. "It's good to have the rest of you go along with the look," says Eber. "All together, it looks hot."

No comments:

Post a Comment